Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm home.

I can't believe I'm home.  It feels SO weird to be back in the States, in my own house, and with my family.  It's good to be back, but I miss my team so much already.  I miss the beautiful country of Ecuador and I really miss the cool weather. 

Yesterday, my flight was changed from the morning to the evening, so I ended up not getting to the hotel in Miami until 2AM.  My flight to Philadelphia took off this afternoon and I arrived at 5:30.  My parents excitedly greeted me and took me out to a lovely dinner at Applebee's.  It's not the same as Crepes and Waffles, though.....;). 

It's hard to think that our work in Quito is done for now.  God truly started a holy revival there, and He used us to do that.  I wish I could still be there, but it's not where I'm meant to be right now.  For now, I belong in good ol' Pennsylvania with my family, and although I'm not able to minister to the people of Ecuador, I can shine God's light right here.

Thank you so much to everyone who supported me this entire time.  The prayers were most definitely felt by us down in Ecuador, and they were also greatly needed.  Don't forget to pray for Ecuador as God is still working through the people we ministered to and the churches already there.  The final salvation count was 1,024 (and this isn't everybody, because there is no way we would have been able to take count of every single person who accepted Christ).  That's 1,024 souls which are now saved. 

God is so good.  I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can.  Right now, I'm going to get some much-needed sleep.  Goodnight and goodbye for now :).   

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Heather! I know its hard to be back and not be with your team 24/7...but like you said, God is going to use you here! I can't wait to hear more about the trip and see pictures.

    love you girl!
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are home safely after serving God so lovingly on your trip! =D

    ReplyDelete